Friday 26 October 2012

Professionalism

You cant but a prices on professionalism. We so to speck. Its something expected, almost a curtsy gift what comes with your services no matter what line of work that you do. I bring this point up because on a job that I did recently for a client I was personally disappointed with my professional approach that I delivered to them. God do I not what to repeat the same mistake in future engagements with clients. I was still hungover from the night before, which made generating excitement and describing ideas difficult. But come on I'm only human and make mistakes every now and then. With that said I still feel like it was a successful meet but it should have been so much better. But it got me thinking professionalism can be over looked and I feel in my industry it is very important. But as a creative freedom should always be paramount. Oddly enough destruction is also part of the creation process. You take something you create or others have and destroy it to improve on what has been. I learnt this from Chinese artist Ai Weiwei who produces multiple huge porceiln works of art and smashes those which he deems not perfect. Many artist through out time have gained inspiration from drugged fueled binges to create new works through new perceptions on concepts. So with that said even though I did mess up professionally the experience has taught me a valuable lesson learnt.

No comments:

Post a Comment