Tuesday 6 November 2012

Memory - Sjambock

What starts as a simple idea turns into a few solid days for graft. Perfect. You know your doing something right when all that matters is the work in which your trying to produce and finish. In the zone! I haven't worked so soiled on something since uni. Memory - Sjambock was my test shoot with the canon 60d camera, which I'm dying to get my hands on. The video was as much a collaboration as a work of my own. Doubling as a music video for producer and dj Sjambock's memory track, it features new model Katie Dobbins. The plot of the video is very much lose and sketchy but dose not hinder from its appeal. However my aspirations to create a similar aesthetic to Rob Coin's "Up in smoke' videos, did not work out as well as I had hoped. I discovered that those kind of effects are achieved through experience.

In order to create the effects that I wanted, I had to get to grips with adobe after effects. Believe me understanding one adobe software program dose not mean you will understand another. What a overly complicated and hard to use program adobe after effects is! I found the experience of using it stressful rather than productive. All in all resulting in putting me off effects software all together. The classic rule of thumb comes into play, "get it right in camera 1st". It saves you loads of time trying to edit afterwards.

The shoot day was a very nice day out to the sand dunes. I love the place. Working more in depth with video took me back to my experimenting days with photography, trying to achieve my desired results but working it out the technicals as I go along. Working with Katie was a breeze and I would quite happily recommend her as a photography model to anyone. I also discovered that working with Sjambock was essential in the editing process as he was able to work out the sequencing the shots together.


1 comment:

  1. I just love this it looks very professional, so I could not be prouder of you , well done and yes Katie is just beautiful and should get lots of work x

    ReplyDelete