Thursday 13 September 2012

The Guild Photographic competition

To celebrate the Preston guild Preston city council have launched a photographic competition. They simply wanted images of the letter G and are offering an Ipad 3. My family informed me of the competition and said that I should enter. I thought that it would be a wonderful opportunity for another blog entry as well, so I decided to give it a go. I came up with two ideas. The 1st was the image bellow that is of a G of water being lifted form the river Ribble. The 2nd image was a carnival scene taking place at night outside of the Harris museum. The G would be shone into the sky like the bat signal and fireworks would add to the images ambiance. Unfortunately the image did not work out as well as I had intended and I deemed it to busy and artificial to work. As such I decided to stop work on that image.



1 comment:

  1. I just love the first Guild photo, it's so cool and makes brad look like a magician !
    I get why you didn't use the other one, it just needed the carnival people taking out and cleaning up and a beam of light going up to the G, still you do have really good idears, x

    ReplyDelete