Friday 14 September 2012

Breaking out festival.

What a fantastic day! I would even say that it was one of my photographic career highlight. I was asked to be the official photographer for the Breaking out festival in Abergavenny, Wales. I was required to document the acts and events though out the day. The acts consisted of up and coming urban music artist, dance groups, x factor and britains got talent show runner ups. The main acts to the festival were Skepta and Chipmunk. Thats right Skepta and Chipmunk. I could not believe my luck that I was given the opportunity to not only have all expenses paid work, but also to shoot not one two stars which I am a fan of. It shoots like these that reminded me why I still do photography. I'm glad that I have not given up on it due to the lack of work out there. One of the best things about being a photographer is it gets grants you access to amazing places and people.

The job was fantastic and was a great chance to flex my low light skills. My major issue for my self was dealing with the combination of hot sun and fatigue. Its amazing just how photography can sap your energy on long shoots. It severed as a reminder that when preparing for shooting I will have to be more mindful towards fatigue management.

I got complete VIP access though out the day allowing me to exclusively shot  chipmunk while he was performing. It gave me a fantastic perspective and also an insight into what performers experience on stage. Bellow are some of my lights of the shoot.

























No comments:

Post a Comment